Applications for the 2018 program open on Monday 28th August 2017 and close on Friday 6th October 2017
The 2018 NIAS Athletics Program is scheduled to commence in November 2017 through to February 2018. Sessions will be held weekly and a tour is anticipated for February in either Sydney or on the Gold Coast. Athletes aged 14 – 17yrs of age are eligible to apply. Click on the Apply button for more information and to submit your application
Who is Eligible
Male and female athletes turning 13 and 16 in 2017, reside in Northern Inland region.
The squad will consist of xx female and xx male athletes.
Scholarship offered is for the period, November 2017 to November 2017
The skill program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and education to better prepare them for competition in Regional and NSW events.
To be eligible athletes will be required to submit details on athletic ability.
Althetes need to be registered with affliated athletics club to apply.
Athletes will also be required to attend the selection day on Saturday xx October 2017 in Tamworth.
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
Skill sessions and camps are held within the region throughout May to November. The skills program follows a structured approach concentrating on a range of individual skills and development. Fitness sessions focus on the importance of building core strength to improve posture, balance and technique. May - June athletes are required to attend the NIAS RACE program. This program covers education sessions on sport psychology, sports medicine, nutrition, public speaking, media training, sun protection and career skills.
Regional training session dates are yet to be finalized. Please refer to the events on the webpage.
- Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Lifeskills RACE Program-Two 3 hr workshops including dinner for athlete and one parent.
- NIAS clothing pack.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Athletics is no 1 priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both at the track and field and off..
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $165 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Sports Trip: $165 GST inclusive
Academy Games $220.00 GST inclusive
Athletic Clothing Pack: TBA (payable SportsPower Armidale, includes NIAS polo, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased from SportsPower Armidale.
Open Date: 28 August 2017
Close Date: 6 October 2017
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email email@example.com
Applications currently closed