Football 13 & 14 Years (SAP)
ARMIDALE CITY & BOWLING CLUB FOOTBALL PROGRAM
Applications for the 2018 program open on 8th December and close on Friday 26th January 2018
The 2018 NIAS Football Program is scheduled to commence in January 2018 through to December 2018. Sessions will be held twice weekly in respective towns and regional meetings will occur monthly. Athletes aged 13 – 14 years as of January 1, 2018 (born in 2004/05) are eligible to apply. Click on the Apply button for more information and to submit your application.
2018 Program Staff
Who is Eligible
Male and female athletes should be aged 13 & 14 as of January 1, 2018 (born in 2004/05), reside in Northern Inland region and be a member of an affiliated club or association or be prepared to join.
Up to 15 male and 15 female players may be offered a place in each respective age group based on performances selection trials. A selection panel will assess each application based performances and attitude and commitment to Football.
The following squads will be offered for 2018:
Boys: 13/14 years
Boys: 13/14 years
Boys: 13 & 14 years (two squads)
Boys: 13/14 years
Scholarships offered is for the period, December 2017 to November 2018.
Two weekly sessions will occur in each respective town for all age groups including a monthly meet involving all teams in a regional training/gala day.
Teams will compete in competitions beyond the region. Gold Coast and Newcastle and date TBC.
In February, athletes are to attend the NIAS GROWTH Day. This program covers education sessions on Goal Setting, Resilience, Opportunities Beyond Sport, Wellness and Nutrition, Testing (fitness), Healthy Mind and Healthy Body.
In August athletes will attend the NIAS Annual Awards Night. This is a celebration of all the sporting achievements made by athletes, coaches and volunteers.
Athletes will be assessed on the following criteria at selections trials or via Talent Identification processes.
- T- Technique
- I- Intelligence (Touch).
- P- Physical Attributes
- S- Skill
- Endurance- 20m shuttle run
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- NIAS GROWTH Day
- NIAS merchandise- training kit, polo, playing kit, tracksuit and socks. Additional items available for purchase.
- Individual home training program and structured satellite training sessions where applicable.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Football is number 1 priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $XXX plus GST (TBC). This levy covers training, clothing pack, coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Sports Trip: $XXX GST inclusive
Open Date: 7 December 2017
Close Date: 5 January 2018
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org