Inland Technology Mountain Biking Program
2017 Mountain Bike Athletes
2017 Program Staff
The 2017 Team Coaches are:
- Steve Mair
- Brad Newman
- Martin Siddons
- Bernie Chisholm
- Alyssa Rogan
- Josh Chisholm
- Pete Horwood
- Michael Hoynes
Who is Eligible
Male and female athletes aged between 12 and 15, reside in Northern Inland region.
The squad will consist of 10 to 15 athletes.
Scholarship offered is for the period, September to April 2017.
Training Camp 1: 12th/13th November in Tamworth '
Training Camp 2: Armidale, date TBC
Training Camp 3: TBC
Australian Champs: 28th/29th January
Inverell 6 Hour: Date TBC
Armidale 12 Hour: Date TBC
NIXCS rounds: Date TBC
The skill program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and education to better prepare them for competition in Regional and NSW events.
To be eligible athletes will be required to submit details on previous race performance. Athletes will also be required to attend the selection day and will be required to undergo a time trial and skills assessment.
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
Skill sessions and camps are held within the region throughout April to November. The skills program follows a structured approach concentrating on a range of individual skills and development. Fitness sessions focus on the importance of building core strength to improve posture, balance and technique. In February athletes are required to attend the GROWTH educational day. This program covers education sessions on goal setting, resilience, opportunities beyond sport, wellness and nutrition, testing and fitness, health and well being.
Regional training sessions for the 2017 program are yet to be finalized. Please refer to the Events on the webpage.
- Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- GROWTH Day- Six educatonal workshops.
- NIAS clothing pack.
- Individual home training program and structured satellite training sessions where applicable.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Mountain Biking is no 1 priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $230 GST inclusive. This levy covers, sports trip, coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Training camps: Price TBC
Athlete levy support programs are available for those experiencing financial difficulty.
Open Date: 1 September 2016
Close Date: 30 November 2016
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications currently closed