Applications for the 2018 program open on Monday 27th August 2018 and close on Friday 26th October 2018
Applications are open until Friday 2st September for Coach Nominations, Download form at our website.
The 2018 NIAS Athletics Program is scheduled to commence in November 2018 through to August 2019. It is planned that athletes will attend regional training sessions during the program. Sateliite or assisted correspondence training session will also be organised for those who do not have a club coach. A squad tour is anticipated for February, which coincide with a state or national grand prix or meet. . Athletes aged 13 – 17yrs of age are eligible to apply. Click on the Apply button for more information and to submit your application.
Sarah Addis, Attunga
Benjamin Chick, Tamworth
Mitchell Clarke, Gunnedah
Sarah Gill, Tamworth
Paige Levingston, Tamworth
Bridie Martin, Tamworth
Amelia Mazzei, Saumarez Pond
Tabitha Peterson, Armidale
Declan Rich, Armidale
Bethany Schulhin, Watsons Creek
Georgia simm, Tamworth
Mikielee Snow, Glen Innes
Georgie Webster, Glen Innes
Sami Wilkie, Tamworth
Coach - Adam Joliffe
Coach - Jay Stone
Assistant Coache - Adrianne Rankin
Who is Eligible
Male and female athletes turning 13 to 16 in 2019 (born in 2002, 03, 04, 05, and 06), reside in Northern Inland region.
The squad will consist of female and male athletes including para athletics. Selection will be based on past performance.
Scholarship offered is for the period, November 2018 to August 2019
The skill program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and education to better prepare them for competition in Regional and NSW events.
To be eligible athletes will be required to submit details on athletic ability.
Althetes need to be registered with affliated athletics club to apply.
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
The 2019 NIAS Athletics Program is scheduled to commence in November 2018 through to August 2019. It is planned that athletes will attend regional training sessions during the program. Satelite or assisted correspondence training session will also be organised for those who do not have a club coach. A squad tour is anticipated for February, which coincide with a state or national grand prix or meet. .
Regional training session dates are yet to be finalized. Please refer to the events on the webpage.
The skills program follows a structured approach concentrating on a range of individual skills and development. Fitness sessions focus on the importance of building core strength to improve posture, balance and technique. All athletes will be required to attend the NIAS Induction/GROWTH Day in February 2019, in Armidale.
- Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Lifeskills GROWTH Day.
- NIAS clothing pack.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Athletics is no 1 priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both at the track and field and off..
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required
- Assist/Volunteer at the NIAS National Primary Games in July
Athlete levy: $185 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Sports Trip: $185 GST inclusive
Academy Games $250.00 GST inclusive (To be confirmed)
Athletic Clothing Pack: TBA (payable SportsPower Armidale, includes NIAS polo, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased from SportsPower Armidale.
Open Date: 28 August 2017
Close Date: 30 November 2018
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org