Applications for the 2020 program open on Tuesday 6th August 2019 and close on Friday 25th October 2019
Applications are open until Monday 4th November for Coach Nominations, Download form at our website.
The 2020 NIAS Athletics Program is scheduled to commence in October 2019 through to March 2020. It is planned that athletes will attend 5 regional training sessions during the program. Satellite or assisted correspondence training session will also be organised for those who do not have a club coach. A squad tour is planned to attend the Country Championships/Hunter Track Classic in Newcastle on the Australia Day long weekend. Athletes aged 13 – 17yrs of age are eligible to apply. Click on the Apply button for more information and to submit your application.
Georgie Auld, Liverpool Plains
Rachel Barnes, Tamworth
Campbell Wilkie, Tamworth
Sami Wilkie, Tamworth
Georgia Simm, Tamworth
Bridie Martin, Tamworth
Phebe McNamara, Tamworth
Joshua Coker, Gunnedah
Sarah Gill, Tamworth
Emma McInnes, Inverell
Bethany Schulhin, Tamworth
Imogen Dellow, Armidale
Sienna Dellow, Armidale
Ben Chick, Tamworth
Coben Battle, Tamworth
Siarne Davis, Coonabarabran
Grace Cassidy, Armidale
Sarah Addis, Tamworth
Camilla Andrews, Liverpool Plains
Declan Rich, Armidale
Coach - Adam Joliffe
Coach - Adrianne Rankin
Trainee Coach - Mikielee Snow (2018 athlete)
Who is Eligible
Male and female athletes turning 13 to 16 in 2020 (born in 2004-08), reside in Northern Inland region.
The squad will consist of female and male athletes including para athletics. Selection will be based on past performance.
Scholarship offered is for the period, October 2019 to August 2020
The skill program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and education to better prepare them for competition in Regional and NSW events.
To be eligible athletes will be required to submit details on athletic ability.
Althetes need to be registered with affliated athletics club to apply.
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
The 2019 NIAS Athletics Program is scheduled to commence in October 2018 through to March 2019. It is planned that athletes will attend 5 regional training sessions during the program. Satellite or assisted correspondence training session will also be organised for those who do not have a club coach. A squad tour is planned to attend the Country Championships/Hunter Track Classic in Newcastle on the Australia Day long weekend. Athletes aged 13 – 17yrs of age are eligible to apply. Click on the Apply button for more information and to submit your application.
Regional training session dates are yet to be finalized. Please refer to the events on the webpage.
The skills program follows a structured approach concentrating on a range of individual skills and development. Fitness sessions focus on the importance of building core strength to improve posture, balance and technique. All athletes will be required to attend the NIAS Induction/GROWTH Day in February 2019, in Armidale.
- Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Lifeskills GROWTH Day.
- NIAS clothing pack.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Athletics is no 1 priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both at the track and field and off..
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required
- Assist/Volunteer at the NIAS National Primary Games in July
Athlete levy: $190 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Sports Trip: $TBC GST inclusive
Athletic Clothing Pack: TBA (payable SportsPower Armidale, includes NIAS polo, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased from SportsPower Armidale.
Open Date: 8 August 2018
Close Date: 30 November 2018
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications currently closed