Not yet selected
2023 Program Personnel
Peter Stevens, Scott Bone, James Cooper, Jake McManus, Luke Taylor
The Rugby League program includes skill development, team development, fitness assessments, and match play. Athletes will have access to performance support and additional education.
The program offers each athlete the opportunity to further develop and improve skills required to gain selection in higher levels of representation.
The program for both BOYS & GIRLS Squads in 2023 will include:
- Six regional training sessions
- Skill acquisition, performance support and athlete education
- Academy Awards
Eligibility & Selection
- Male athletes who turn 15 in 2023 (born in 2008), reside within the Group 21, 4 or 19 regions and is a member of an affiliated club or association or be prepared to join.
- Female athletes who turn 14 or 15 in 2023 (born in 2008 or 2009) and reside within the Group 21, 4 or 19 regions.
Players may be offered a place in the Rugby League Program based on their performances. A selection panel will assess each application based on performances, attitude and commitment to Rugby League. Athletes will be assessed on criteria such as: technique, physical attributes, skill, intelligence, endurance, coachability and attitude. 2023 Selection Trials for both Boys & Girls will be conducted in Tamworth:
- BOYS – March 11
- GIRLS – March 3114,
ATHLETE BENEFITS & COMMITMENT
- Intensive coaching from accredited regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Regional training sessions – technical and tactical skill development.
- Performance Support
- Invitations to special events such as the annual Academy Awards.
- Travel assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps – on request.
- Opportunities to participate in higher level competitions and challenges.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any feedback.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive opportunities.
- Behave and dress in an appropriate manner when representing NIAS and its sponsors.
Wear NIAS apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Be available to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS Athlete Code of Conduct and policies including anti-doping policy.
- Maintain regular communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
$220 includes: training sessions, coaching and performance support activities, and invitations to special events such as the annual Academy Awards Night.
NIAS is an approved organisation for NSW Government Active Kids Vouchers.
- Academy Challenges, Academy Games and any specific Sports Tours are additional to the Athlete Levy. Costs differ from sport to sport.
- Athlete Uniform: ordered from Sportspower Armidale. Costs vary from sport to sport.
Please contact NIAS for more information.
The Northern Inland Academy of Sport acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and live. We pay our respects to Elders past and present.
© 2022 Northern Inland Academy of Sport
Website by Proud as Punch Studio