|First Name||Last Name||Contact|
|First Name||Last Name|
|First Name||Last Name||Position||XPS|
|Helen||Willis||Boys Head Coach||Tamworth|
|Sarah||Willis||Girls Head Coach||Tamworth|
The NIAS program is conducted from November to April, and follows a structured approach concentrating on a range of individual technical and tactical skills, to team skills involving concept skills and game strategies.
Guest coaches ensure that the program remains fresh and interesting, and athletes are presented with new ideas and different perspectives to encourage their learning.
Off-pitch conditioning sessions focus on the importance of building core strength to improve posture, balance and technique – both speed and an introduction to core strength sessions are conducted.
This program provides performance support and covers education sessions on sport psychology, nutrition, mental health and resilience, communication training, and other opportunities.
The program consists of 6 regional training sessions held in either Armidale and Tamworth, as well as designated weekends participating in the Inter-Academy Challenge and the Clubs NSW Your Local Club Academy Games.
This primarily “off season” program is designed to provide players with increased skills and fitness to better prepare them for selection into higher levels of representation eg.NSW squads and school representative squads.
Eligibility & Selection
- Male and Female athletes aged 16-18 years in 2023 (born in 2007 – 2005), who live in the Northern Inland region, and are a registered member of a Hockey NSW affiliated association.
- Athletes will be offered a place in the NIAS Hockey Program based on performance at selection trials and through talent identification processes, including attitude and commitment to Hockey.
ATHLETE BENEFITS & COMMITMENT
- Intensive coaching from accredited regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Regional training sessions – technical and tactical skill development.
- Performance Support including Sport Psychology, Nutrition, Fitness Assessments, Strength & Conditioning and more.
- Invitations to special events such as the annual Academy Awards.
- Travel assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps – on request.
- Opportunities to participate in higher level competitions and challenges.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any feedback.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive opportunities.
- Behave and dress in an appropriate manner when representing NIAS and its sponsors.
Wear NIAS apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Be available to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS Athlete Code of Conduct and policies including anti-doping policy.
- Maintain regular communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
$220 includes: training sessions, coaching and performance support activities, and invitations to special events such as the annual Academy Awards Night.
NIAS is an approved organisation for NSW Government Active Kids Vouchers.
- Academy Challenges, Academy Games and any specific Sports Tours are additional to the Athlete Levy. Costs differ from sport to sport.
- Athlete Uniform: ordered from Sportspower Armidale (provide link here) or for NIAS FC from Statewide Sports (provide link here). Costs vary from sport to sport.
Please contact NIAS for more information.
The Northern Inland Academy of Sport acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and live. We pay our respects to Elders past and present.
© 2022 Northern Inland Academy of Sport
Website by Proud as Punch Studio