To be eligible athletes must be between 13 and 19 years of age (DOB 2005-2011). Selections will be conducted on the basis of times and results. Athlete applications will be assessed with successful athletes invited to the program.
NIAS works in partnership with Triathlon NSW to offer a program where athletes can develop the necessary tactical, technical, physiological and psychological skill competencies to aid progression through to the National Athlete Pathway.
The NIAS Triathlon 2023-24 Program will help athletes develop essential skills including their physical literacy and strong motor patterns. The program will focus on skill development and sport enjoyment, with athletes provided the opportunity to take part in skills clinics and race camps, along with athletes from the other NSW Regional Academies of Sport on the Triathlon NSW pathway. Any athlete who is part of the NIAS Triathlon Program are automatically eligible to compete in the 2023/24 Triathlon NSW/ACT Pathway Series, presented by Billigence.
The NIAS squad will be led by experienced Head Coach, Nikki Western, who was recently awarded the Triathlon Australia Pathway Coach award at the Celebration of Champions, and Assistant Coach Sheena Carter. Both Nikki and Sheena are members of the Scone Triathlon Club and accredited Triathlon New South Wales coaches.
ATHLETE BENEFITS & COMMITMENT
- Intensive coaching from accredited regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Regional training sessions – technical and tactical skill development.
- Performance Support including Sport Psychology, Nutrition, Fitness Assessments, Strength & Conditioning and more.
- Invitations to special events such as the annual Academy Awards.
- Opportunities to participate in higher level competitions and challenges.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any feedback.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive opportunities.
- Behave and dress in an appropriate manner when representing NIAS and its sponsors.
Wear NIAS apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Be available to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS Athlete Code of Conduct and policies including anti-doping policy.
- Maintain regular communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
$220 includes: training sessions, coaching and performance support activities, and invitations to special events such as the annual Academy Awards Night.
NIAS is an approved organisation for NSW Government Active Kids Vouchers.
- Academy Challenges, Academy Games and any specific Sports Tours are additional to the Athlete Levy. Costs differ from sport to sport.
- Athlete Uniform. Costs vary from sport to sport.
Please contact NIAS for more information.
Emma Carter SCONE
Samuel Ferguson TAMWORTH
Hayden Miller TAMWORTH
Riley Morgan TAMWORTH
Matthew Rushbrook TAMWORTH
Cody Uebergang INVERELL
Dustin Uebergang INVERELL
The Northern Inland Academy of Sport acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and live. We pay our respects to Elders past and present.
© 2022 Northern Inland Academy of Sport
Website by Proud as Punch Studio