|First Name||Last Name||LGA|
|Thomas||McHarg||Glen Innes Severn|
|First Name||Last Name||LGA|
|Dakoda||Hayden||Glen Innes Severn|
|First Name||Last Name||Position|
|Emily||Tudman||Girls Head Coach|
|Chris||Tudman||Girls Assistant Coach|
|Donna||McClelland||Boys Head Coach|
|Cory||McClelland||Boys Assistant Coach|
The NIAS Basketball program includes skill development, team development, fitness assessments, and competition opportunities, along with access to performance support and education. The program offers each athlete the opportunity to further develop and improve skills required to gain selection in higher levels of representation, and is part of the Basketball NSW development pathway.
The program for both boys and girls squads in 2023|24 includes:
-Access to RuralFit Training Hubs around the region
-Regional training sessions | technical and tactical skill development
-Performance support and athlete education
-Participation in Academy Challenge and Your Local Clubs NSW Academy Games
-Complimentary ticket to the NIAS Annual Academy Awards
Eligibility & Selection
– Male and Female athletes aged 14-15 years in 2024 (born in 2009/2010), who reside in or attend school in the NIAS catchment area, and are a registered member of a Basketball NSW affiliated association.
– Athletes will be offered a place in the NIAS Basketball Program based on performance at selection trials and through talent identification processes, including attitude and commitment to Basketball.
ATHLETE BENEFITS & COMMITMENT
- Intensive coaching from accredited regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Regional training sessions – technical and tactical skill development.
- Access to RuralFit Training Hubs across the Northern Inland Region.
- Performance Support including Sport Psychology, Nutrition, Fitness Assessments, Strength & Conditioning and more.
- Complimentary invitation to the annual Academy Awards.
- Opportunities to participate in higher level competitions and challenges.
- Attend all program activities.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any feedback.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive opportunities.
- Behave and dress in an appropriate manner when representing NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear NIAS apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Be available to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS Athlete Code of Conduct and policies including anti-doping policy.
- Maintain regular communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
$220 includes: training sessions, coaching and performance support activities, and invitations to special events such as the annual Academy Awards Night.
NIAS is an approved organisation for NSW Government Active Kids Vouchers.
- Academy Challenges, Academy Games and any specific Sports Tours are additional to the Athlete Levy. Costs differ from sport to sport.
- Athlete Uniform. Costs vary from sport to sport.
Past Squad Archives
The Northern Inland Academy of Sport acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and live. We pay our respects to Elders past and present.
© 2022 Northern Inland Academy of Sport
Website by Proud as Punch Studio