2019 boys NIAS "Tamworth City Toyota" Basketball Program:
Max Rumble Tamworth
Nash Porter Werris Creek
Jack Murdoch Tamworth
Blair Kedzlie Tamworth
Masashinge Akioka Tamworth
Sean Lewis Tamworth
Will Berton Tamworth
Keenan Davis Quirindi
Clancy Mullen Oakland
Sol Arranz Tamworth
Cory McClelland Glen Innes
Harrison Barton Hallsville
John Harris Armidale
Tom Parsons Werris Creek
2018 NIAS GIRLS "TAMWORTH CITY TOYOTA" BASKETBALL PROGRAM:
Marley Pitt Tamworth
Arianna Klein Tamworth
Georgia Sheppard Tamworth
Brianna Clark Quirindi
Mia Darcy Tamworth
Zali Humble Tamworth
Josie Humble Tamworth
Mia Kennedy Tamworth
Angela McCubbin Manilla
Bree Luckey Tamworth
Jamiah Hunt Werris Creek
Charlotte Leonard Nemingha
Gabby Higgins Tamworth
Program Mentor: Greg O’Toole
Boys Head Coach: Jono Willis
Boys Assistant Coach: Matt Parsons
Boys Assistant Coach: TBA
Girls Head Coach: Matt Hobson
Girls Assistant Coach: Josie Chick (Former NIAS athlete)
Who is Eligible
Athletes should be aged 14 or 15 in 2019 (born in 2004 and 2005) and be residing in Northern Inland region. We will also have up to five under age (i.e. 13 in 2019/born in 2006) to form a development squad.
Trials will be taking place Saturday October 27, 9am-1pm. Tamworth Sports Dome.
The squad will consist of 20 athletes, 10 male and 10 female.
Scholarship offered is for the period October 2018 to May 2019
The skill program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and education to better prepare them for competition nationally and internationally.
Athletes will be assessed on the following criteria at selections trials or via Talent Identification processes.
- T- Technique
- I- Intelligence (Basketball).
- P- Physical Attributes
- S- Skill
- Endurance- 20m shuttle run
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
Program year will consist of the following:
- Weekend regional training days (over 30 hours of coaching time)
Session 1 - Saturday November 9
Session 2 - Saturday November 24
Session 3 - Saturday December 8
Session 4 - Saturday February 9
Session 5 - Saturday March 2
Session 6 - Saturday March 30
- NIAS GROWTH day - Educational component - Sunday February 10 - Armidale
- Sydney tour weekend - (specialist coaching including games at Newington College) - Friday March 15 to Sunday March 17 (TBC)
- ClubsNSW Academy Games Friday April 12 to Sunday April 14
- Annual Academy Awards Night -TBC
- Intensive training support by quality and experienced basketball athletes
- Lifeskills GROWTH workshop including lunch for athlete.
- Sydney tour - high level guest coaches and access to professional sporting environment
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
Attend all program activities.
- Basketball is no 1 priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both in and out of the arena.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS Anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
- Assist/Volunteer at the NIAS National Primary Games
Athlete levy: $190 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Sports Trip: $TBC GST inclusive
Academy Games TBC GST inclusive
Basketball Clothing Pack: TBC Approx $250 GST inclusive (ordered from and paid to SportsPower Armidale, includes NIAS polo shirt, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased from SportsPower Armidale.
Athlete levy support programs are available for those experiencing financial difficulty.
Open Date: 8 August 2018
Close Date: 30 November 2018
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications currently closed